Along came Thursday and MORE SWIMMING! Thank you Travis for having us over!!
Friday Cameron's baseball team, Seminoles, won their tournament. We had been playing all week at night and Friday they won 1st place. It was a definitely an exciting moment for all the boys, as well as the parents. It makes eatting fast dinners, driving to/from, sitting in the hot, HOT, HOT sun worth it all.
Saturday the family was treated to a trip to Hawaiian Falls. I didn't get very many pictures there because I too was in the water. There is just no possible way for me to hang around and play papparazzi while everyone else is coolin' down in the water. I had to break out of my bathing suit cover-up and get in with them.
As we ended the week, we started to plan for the next. And one last exciting detail - we sold my Honda Civic. It was very bitter sweet. When I had Cameron I was determined to make my Mitsubishi Eclipse work (oh how I loved that car!). But bucket seats and two doors proved not that great for an infant in a carseat. It was shortly after his birth that I bought the Civic. It was such a great car and has kept me a Honda-lover ever since. We passed it down to Breanne when she started driving and she too put it to good use. Now that she has graduated school she bought a new car and the Civic was returned to us to sell. Although we never planned to have the car back, it was such a blessing.
One last story for the week. We had some guys come to look at the car and at 9 o'clock the asked Jason if they could use our grass, at which he said "sure". He then asked Jason to point out the East, which he did as well. At that point, they dropped to their knees and prayed in all sorts of foreign sounds for a solid 5 minutes. Jason stood their dumbfounded while Cameron and his friend tried not to bust out laughing. This guy eventually bought the car. It definitely makes for a good story to end our time with the Civic.
3 comments:
Now THAT is a great car selling story!!!!
Wow, y'all had a fun week!
What a fabulous week you guys had!!! We miss you guys and definitely need to get together soon!! I will let you guys tell Nick the car selling story at that point!! LOL
This post certainly explains why I haven't heard from you. :) Sounds fun!
At least the guys "used" your grass to pray, and not one of several other things I can think of that they could "use" your grass for.
Post a Comment