Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lufkin Baseball

We went to Lufkin this weekend for a baseball tournament and had tons of fun. The boys had fun playing ball but most of their fun was spent at the hotel - running up, down and along three floors, playing hide-and-go seek throughout the hotel, cell phone laser tag, swimming in the pool that had to be below freezing and go from room to room jumping on any bed clear of luggage. I can't say we played very well in our games but it was a memorable weekend.

One funny story from the weekend - we all went to dinner one night and two of us families went to the wrong restaurant. We had them set tables up for a large group and sat there waiting for our other guests to arrive. Once we called them and realized we were at the wrong restaurant, we decided to leave and make it to the correct destination. Here was the problem, we had already started eating chips and salsa and ordered our drinks. We felt so bad! We did leave money for the waitress for the small amount of time we cost her. This however did not appease her. We were all rolling laughing and completely embarrassed. I still cannot believe we went to a restaurant, ordered and left before food and drinks arrived. Ack!

There are some more pics on our online web album.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

i cant believe you guys just up and left me.. rude people..

Leann said...

My kids love going to a hotel and have even said they wish we lived in a hotel! I'm sure they had a blast.

The restaurant-- how funny! I'm not sure what I would do, but I'm sure the waitress was a bit peeved at you!

Jess said...

The restaurant story is hilarious! I probably would have done the saem thing if it was me!