That night Jason and I went to a friends' themed "Red Party". Here are a few pics from the night:
Monday, February 16, 2009
Happy Valentines Day!
Jason and I have never really celebrated this holiday as most people may. We might have dinner or have a date but as the kids have gotten older our focus on Valentines Day is much different. We have moved from focusing on each other to us putting the focus on the kids. Jason uses this day to teach the boys how to go that extra mile to treat a lady special and in return Courtnie learns how to be treated special by the boys. Great exchange! This year the boys woke up at 6am, went and got us ladies flowers and donuts. I had was able to sleep in (my only request) and when I woke up they went and woke Courtnie up and brought her to bed with me. They shut the door and then went to wake Colton up. Jason said when he told Colton that they had surprises for the girls he jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen and grabbed Courtnie's gift. This especially made our hearts melt, not just because Colton actually got out of bed without a fight but his gift was right next to Courtnie's and he never saw it because his focus was on his sister. How sweet is that?! They all brought us donuts and chocolate milk in bed. I wish I had video-taped Courtnie's reaction. She gets super excited - her smile takes over her face and her eyes widen beyond imagination. It's beautiful! And the boys are just as adorable. They actually enjoy their time with their Daddy, the planning and the preparations for special occasions like this one. I love the way this tradition has transpired. I pray my boys learn remember these times and that one day they will treat their wives like a princess everyday. I also pray that Courtnie never settles for anything less than she has been treated by her father and brothers.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is awesome.... I am sure the boys will grow to be wonderful husbands and your daughter will expect nothing less. You and your husband are great parents.
How cute! I also love the pic of you two looking at each other, very sweet. I see that you are reading Fireproof. I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago...very good!
how fun :]
You guys look so happy!
Post a Comment