Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Playtime Woes

Even with the wintry forecast being predicted for today and tomorrow, my good friend Anna and I braved the weather and made it for our routine Tuesday storytime. Afterwards we went to eat lunch at a popular fast food place where the kids could play and run off some of their stored energy. One of Anna's little girls runs to me and says Colton's stuck inside the play structure (I'm certain my face went from smiling happy to fearsome). I immediately look at this play structure and it instantly starts to grow into this monstrous size; I'm not near as small as I once was. Anna laughs and comments on the fact that she wishes she had her camera. I am finding appreciation in the small blessing that Anna doesn't have her camera because all I can imagine is a picture of my massive size butt hanging out of one of the entrances, windows or slides. On my way up to the top (because he certainly couldn't have gotten stuck towards the bottom) I hit my head not once, but twice on solid plastic. Keeping my teeth clenched from cursing this structure, I get to the top and there Colton is - sitting at the top. "Hi Mommy. I'm stuck." Interesting, he doesn't look stuck to me. At all. He's merely sitting there chatting away with his friends. He claims he couldn't get down, except by the time I made it to the top, which was not an easy task, he mustered up enough courage to move and head down the slide. So the kids are headed down and I just sit there rubbing my head trying to figure out the best way to get down with the least amount of injury. So down the slide I go. Did you know that the cracks on the slide are painful to the backside? No really, surely kids feel this. They have far less padding on their tush than I do. So along with the grimaced look on my face, my hair has been completely taken over by static. That would have been a lasting picture. Thank you Lord for keeping Anna's mind distracted this morning and forgetting her camera =)

3 comments:

Thosetwogirls said...

And it will never happen again! I will keep it in my purse for the next time Colton has a playground emergency!

abby said...

What about camera phones people? I know you both must have them!

:)

Regina's Opinion said...

I agree.... camera phones people! Great story.