Home Depot
So I don't actually use the word "hate" very often and when I do I must truly feel that word passionately about the subject I'm speaking of. I certainly do not want to hear that word from my children's mouths. When talking about Home Depot, this word immediately comes to mind. You see, I am not a fan of this store and as a matter of fact, I hate this place. My husband likes for me to join him on his little adventures to this local retail shop and I don't know why exactly, its not like I'm great company or encouraging in any way. In fact, I don't care what he buys or how much it costs so long as he gets me out of there as quick as possible. Did you ever see the episode from The Newlyweds where Jessica Simpson (and DO NOT be ugly about her, she is my girl crush, I love her!) is complaining about being at Home Depot with Nick? That's me, perfectly. Today, while shopping at this popular retail store (problem #1) as a family (problem #2) Jason makes us walk up and down just about every aisle. Not only this, he thinks he must backtrack down the aisle a few more times to make sure he hasn't missed something that he MUST have. As he turns around from one fun toy to the next, so are the kids. This is when it happened.... Colton kicked my foot as he turned and broke my big toe nail on the skin. So this incident just added more humor and fun to my lovely trip. So rather than grumble any louder (which is almost impossible) I take out my camera to catch a few more highlights of our Home Depot trip. Colton LOVES this store as much as his father and actually tried to use these beloved tools right there on the spot. I even caught him unscrewing a level. Cameron would be more interested if they had a sporting goods section. And Courtnie.... well she tries to stay involved and pretends to know what things are and how they work. I guess that's better than her mother.
Afterwards, since we were all so good at the store (myself included, although my family may tell you differently) we went to lunch. Again, we had another playground disaster which required me to rescue Colton from inside the play structure. I come out just as Jason was getting the camera ready to snap pictures. LOL. Luckily, I made it out this time before a picture was taken or an injury occurred. I'm going to rethink Coltons participation in playground areas for awhile.
4 comments:
that is so gross, I can't believe you told us that. . ha.
I cant believe you had a camera ready to take pictures at Home Depot...
Hey! At least Courtnie looks good!
I completely relate!
I LOVE THAT PLACE! Kevin likes it too, but I always want to go down ALL the aisles and see if I will be inspired to do any new projects (that I am incapable of)
Post a Comment