Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spelling Bee

I was telling my mom today that I sometimes feel like I neglect the boys on my blog. They just dont do too many things blogworthy. Their days consist of running around, being loud and getting into trouble. That is until today....

Cameron was one of the top three Spelling Bee winners in his class and today the four classes top winners had another Spelling Bee to see who would move on to the District competition. As Cameron was walking to the car this afternoon he has this smirk on his face that tells me good news. I'm already getting so excited for him and he hasnt even gotten to the car yet. He climbs in and says, "I got 2nd today in the Spelling Bee." So awesome! He continues... "I let Kristen win. I spelled democracy with a 'k'." My mouth drops.

The poor kid has had this crush on this little girl since first grade. They send eachother gram-notes at school for the holidays. And he let her win. He said he didnt want her to lose and he didnt want to stand up there anymore. I am proud of him though. He has a kind heart for a girl, which tells me he will be a great man. He said all of the girls who were knocked out were crying and he wasnt about to make another girl cry. What a guy!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

He is going to be one amazing young man. :]