Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dinner-Strike Nearing...

I'm about to go on a dinner strike. I've done this once before, when Courtnie was around 2 yrs old. I got so sick of hearing complaints about dinner and never hearing a dinner suggestion from anyone, that I just went on strike. Jason and the kids ate sandwiches (which they made themselves) for 2 weeks when they finally came to me with apologies and begging for real food. After this, things were better.

Until now. Is it too much to ask that Jason cook dinner on Thursday nights since I am at dance with Courtnie from 5:30-7:15? I think not! He doesn't know what to make, nothing he makes the kids like, we have nothing to eat (ever!), and he knows I don't approve of eating out all the time. He also likes to complain (and this isn't the particular word I would like to use right now) about the kids complaining about his meal preparation choices. Hello.... isn't his complaining to me the very same as the kids complaining to him? If he doesn't want to hear it from them, what makes him think I want to hear it from him?

Pick something to make, make it, if they don't want it, then they go without dinner. Stand your ground once, and they wont complain anymore. As if we haven't been doing this for TEN YEARS NOW........

3 comments:

Breanne said...

Just don't take it away on wesndays, and 'm good. :]

deecee said...

Ive always enjoyed your cooking Brandie! Has anyone warned the family of the doom that is around the corner?

Thosetwogirls said...

It could be worse. Try coming and cooking at my house...