Courtnie - our head-strong, determined, will never lose a battle, child. Last weekend, the weather was super cold and Courtnie had her last cheer game at 9am that morning. We woke her up and told her how cold it was going to be and asked her to put on a pair of leggings and her blue gym pants. She comes out about 15 minutes later with her cheer uniform on and her black leggings. (I already know how this morning is going to turn out, I heard the thrashing around in the room.) I walk her to the front door, push her out and shut the door. Through the window I am telling her to keep walking, keep walking, keep walking, until I feel she is far enough out in the cold and wind to actually "see and feel" how cold it is outside. She comes back in crying saying she wont look cute in the pants (because the black leggings with her blue and white uniform look GREAT!). I snap back that it's 40 degrees outside and cold, no one cares how cute you are only how warm you will be. She argues, runs to her room and hides and refuses to come out or get dressed. If you are laughing trying hard to picture my sweet little Courtnie doing this, try harder. This is a normal routine. She cares only about her appearance, not about warmth and we go through this same routine about once a week throughout every winter season. Anyway, Jason and I are laughing at her telling her to get out of her closet and get dressed. She isn't moving. So I tell her I am going to grab my camera. As I was running to get it, I can hear Jason telling her to get up quickly because if I actually got a picture of her I was going to post it on my blog for everyone to see. She does not care. So I snap away!
Jason finally convinces her to get up, dress as we want her to and when she gets to the game if she doesn't think she needs to dress warm, she can take some of her clothes off (great idea!). She agrees with this but continues to frown and stomp around. Dad did good! I had to stay behind with Colton because he was not feeling great and he and I only had about 4 hours of sleep, off and on. But he took some pictures of Courtnie and sure enough she took off her coat and gloves. She had taken off the piece that covered her ears but Dad put his foot down (again, great job!). But do you notice the pants are still on? Even though she says they don't make her look cute? lol. After the game her hands were frozen and her nose and cheeks were super red. But she insists she wasn't all that cold!

2 comments:
oh courtnie - .. lol, she will learn one day.. right. :
okay that is hysterical. I'm definitely not looking forward to the pre-teen years. Maybe I'll be lucky and have all boys! They're so much less dramatic than us!
Post a Comment