Saturday, October 4, 2008

Drink More Beer

Jason had his yearly physical yesterday afternoon and was telling me all about it - his blood pressure looks great, cholesterol is down, he's allergic to nickel, etc. He goes on to tell me that the doctor tells him that he needs to increase his good cholesterol some and the best way to do this is to have 1-2 beers a night. [Not sure there is an emoticon for my facial expression to this comment.] As Jason says this he gets this smirk on his face just waiting for my response. Anybody remembering a similar episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where he comes home from the doctor and he was told to play more golf? With my silent response, Jason tells me that he isn't supposed to not drink all week and make up for it by drinking 10 beers in one night on the weekend, but having 1 or 2 a night is actually good for him. To keep myself from laughing hysterically, I told him I was calling his doctor Monday morning to verify what he had just shared with me. Not sure if I'm really going to call the doctor but I am tempted. He knows who I am and might find it humorous to return my call but I'm sure they have more important calls to return other than some crazy wife who doesn't want to give her husband beer every night of the week.

That's the most blog-worthy thing that has happened lately. Keeping busy with baseball season and Courtnie in cheer and dance. I did try to get a video of Colton playing the air guitar to a Metallica song but he realized what I was doing and quickly stopped. I'll keep working on that!

4 comments:

Breanne said...

lol - he only thought he would pull one over on you. . ha

abby said...

Jason is allergic to nickels? What about dimes and pennies? Can I have all of his nickels since you probably shouldn't have them in the house?

Brandie said...

No way girl.... I'm going shopping!! Nickels can buy a lot, it could even buy us lunch =)

Desiree said...

well... sounds like something mine would say too! Tell him, I drink one for him since he is cut off during the week! haha