Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to School... For Me

I started my last class last night to complete my Associates Degree. I absolutley cannot stand this class (Geology, aka Earth Science). Do we really need to study rocks? Who truly cares about rocks and how they were made or changed form overtime? As I was sitting there in my fifth hour of class, I was contemplating these lovely rocks of all shapes, sizes, colors and form. I had just shaved rocks with my fingernail, a penny, a nail, a piece of glass and a piece of tile. Thats not all my friends... I scratched things with rocks and I scrathed rocks on things. We smelled them, held them, rolled them, examined them and above all tasted them. Just kidding!!! That actually is part of the class labs but he told us we didnt have to do that (liking the guy already!). He also told us he would teach our glass just as he taught his 8th grade classes for 15 years. What a deal, 'cause Im sure my learning level about rocks is at an eighth grade level. Im certain I didnt pay attention then either. It's rocks for crying out loud!

This class is only for 11 days, not bad right? Except the class is for 11 Friday nights from 5:00-11:30pm. Terrible times! But it actually works for our family. I dont necessarily NEED dinner and downtime from waking up at 6am and getting the kids up and ready for school, making breakfast and lunches for four, and working all day. No! I can hang... if only for 11 days.

Im not sure though what I want to do from here. Id love to continue with school and complete my Bachelors in Child Development. But Id also like to get certified to be a Lactation Consultant, which I would actually use. I havent decided, so pray with/for me to listen to His guidance and direction.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

ah good luck my friend : ] -