Remember my honesty post below about my oldest acting wild and remember all those punishments he was given? Ask me, "Brandie how is that working out for you?" It's okay, pull a little Dr. Phil on me.
My response was, "Well, he is behaving, being super kind to his siblings, stepping up around the house willingly. I think he may have gotten the hint."
Wrong! My response right now, "If that kid doesnt settle down, I'm really going to SCREAM!" I have been in school all summer long which has made for my household duties to slack some (okay, a lot). So in between studying for my final this evening and trying to clean the kitchen and sweep and mop all the floors in the house (which all needed some serious love) my kids were acting pretty good. That is until I come around the corner from cleaning the master bathroom to find my oldest child mid-air, jumping from the couch onto this big red blow-up ball we have (it's 4 ft in diameter just to paint this picture for you). As he jumps, he knocks over the barstool that is sitting behind the couch because I had just mopped the kitchen floor. Down goes to barstool, slamming onto the tile floor and pieces flying through the air (hey, just as my son just did!). As I am glarring at him and showing him the pieces he has just destroyed, there goes the youngest child jumping from the couch onto the big red ball. Does no one care or even recognize my face of fury and frustration???
I am so freakin' mad right now. I honestly do not know what to do. This is why I try to keep them busy every day of the summer. Because inevitably, I stay home one day to get some things done around the house and a catastrophe occurs. For the love of God, what do I do with my child?
2 comments:
In about 10 years... I'm gonna need you to still be sane so you can help me overcome! Ok? So write down ALL your secrets to sanity NOW! I'm so glad they start off teeny tiny! :)
My advice is to just laugh as much as you can.....when they are grown you will long for the days to have them come home and destroy a barstool :)....you really can't get that kind of comedy on T.V......by the way you can have those barstools at the church that keep showing up in our office...
Post a Comment