Friday, August 1, 2008

iPods

As many of you already know, the Gautreaux's (minus Jason) LOVE our iPods. I, for one, cannot imagine my life without my iPod. Not too long ago, I accidentally spilled a 20 oz bottle of water in my purse and it ruined my iPod. Of all the things damaged at that time (my pictures, a borrowed book, papers, business cards, my purse), my iPod not working correctly was terrible, the worst possible catastrophe. I cried, yelled, swore and wished aloud my car was stolen in place of my iPod breaking. My dear husband went and bought me a new iPod the very next day (I think it was more of a way to shut me up though but it was perfect timing for a Mother's Day gift). Our older two kids also have iPods. Granted, they are handed down from my teenage sister and her girlfriend but they love them regardless (Courtnie's is pink, Cameron's is green). This is an image of my car trips these days. At first I felt a bit guilty -the car should be a time of talking and catching-up on eachother's days. But not our car, we all stick our iPods in our ears and sing to ourselves, aloud though. I also no longer feel as if I am harming my children because everyone is happy - no fighting over the arm rest, the space on their seats, who is touching who, who is looking wrongly at who, or what songs we have to listen to yet again. We all get to our destination happily! It's a win-win situation!!



PS - This doesn't make me a bad mom, does it? We dont listen to our iPods on EVERY car trip... just quite a few of them!

No comments: