Last night I went to the hospital to see my friend Anna's sweet baby Luke. He is doing incredible! In a regular isolette, with only IV antibiotics for precautions - at only 34 weeks! Prayer is such a powerful thing!! As we were all gabbing together, one mom-to-be was expecting her 3rd child and as she was telling us this she felt the need to explain to us why she was have a c-section. My heart hurt for her a little. A week or so before a dear friend of mine was nervous to tell me she has decided to homeschool her children. Why? My heart also hurt for her. I want to be there and cant if you dont try me. I may have an opinion but it might just be wrong (save this, I dont admit that often)! So it led me to this blog....
Whatever decisions you make in life - c-section vs vaginal birth, cloth diapers vs disposable, homeschool vs public, breastfeeding vs bottle feeding, co-sleeping vs cry-it-out, stay-at-home mom vs work-outside-the-home-mom, etc. Be comfortable in your decisions. Be confident in your decisions. We all have opinions about one topic or another and some we may even be passionate about. But true friends do not judge, true friends accept and listen and they may just have a new door opened by your decisions. For instance, I think I am sold on cloth diapers. If I were to EVER have another child again, not in my plans though, Im certain I would go this route. Never did I think I would do this. If someone asks about your choices, tell them without feeling the need to explain. If they ask why, be honest and open your heart about your reasons. This to me is a sign that they genuinely care and may have tossed the same idea around and are interested to hear more.
So, my advice for today. Be confident, know your prayers and heartfelt decisions. It doesn't matter what others' opinions are, so long as you know in your heart the ones you are making are best for you and your family. Be confident in yourself and who knows, you may have just shined a new light on someone.
1 comment:
Aw - I love you:], and I don't think you understand how much I look up to. You are such an amazing person, and sometimes I wish I could be more like you in certain ways - any way that was a good blog - I fell inspired now -
Post a Comment