Monday, August 18, 2008

Austin Getaway

Jason and I finally made it to Austin for our weekend getaway, after several obstacles in our way. We had been planning this trip for months and were itching so badly to get there. We made it to our hotel a little after 4pm, ran to our room to shower and change and headed out for the wedding. We of course got lost, this we came to accept as routine with anywhere we went in Austin, and made it to the wedding at 5:56, just 4 minutes shy of the wedding starting. But we made it!

Jen and Brian's wedding was beautiful! We both felt so incredible to have made it down there to spend this special day with them. We both had alot of fun and Jason met up with a couple of friends he hasnt seen in years - Kevin Arnold, Robbie Dungan and of course the groom Brian Dungan. I did fail on my wifely duties. I didnt get very many pictures (forgive me friends!). I wasnt in my normal element and wasnt at all comfortable asking for pictures like I normally do. I did ask someone to take a picture of Jason and I though:

We went to one of Jason's long lost buddies' house later that night. The two of them talked about everything, it was great to see them back together again. I did get pictures of them though! Ronnie's wife also had her camera out so she and I were both snapping pictures. Here they are:
I must confess, we didnt do much while in Austin. The morning following the wedding, we got out of bed at 9:30 just to get breakfast, ate and got back in bed and didnt get out again until 3pm. Sad... but so incredibly needed and appreciated. I so needed that! We did visit the Capital building when we got up and moving and made a trip down 6th street. We arent much for bars and pubs so we visited with Ronnie and his family one more time. Slept in again the following morning and headed home. I know it doesnt sound like too much fun, but Jason and I had a blast! We look forward to heading back down and visiting with other friends of ours (they were out of town at another wedding). I did post all of our Austin pics on our online album, but I didnt take too many this weekend. I feel so guilty for the lack of my picture taking :(

3 comments:

Breanne said...

yeah you look So cute : ] - glad yall had fun.

julie said...

So glad you had a good time!!! I love those laying in bed... in a hotel room days!!! The best... especially with someone you feel so comfortable laying around in bed with, in comfy clothes, not worrying about what you look like! So glad.

Unknown said...

Hey, guys! We're sorry we haven't been able to catch up on your blog earlier....however, we're so glad you had a great time in Austin. We couldn't have asked for a better time either. Well, I know we didn't get a lot of photos from the weekend either, but I hope you were able to enjoy the ones we did post. Thanks for the kudos on our updated website. It's still under construction because we're in the process of starting our own blog as well. Plus, we're going to Egypt in October and we will need to post some amazing photos we will capture.