I have always been, for the last almost 10 years now, one of those moms who promises to write everything down because I do not want to forget special moments. Then I quickly turn into the mom who forgets to write those special moments down and then promptly promises to herself, that I will NEVER forget them. Afterall, they are sooo special, how could I forget? But the reality is, I do forget them. So this is my attempt, blogging, in remembering those tender moments with my kids.
My daughter loves to say things at random times. She truly keeps Jason and I on our toes. Yesterday we were in the car (as my posts continue with her deep thoughts, you may begin to notice the car being the theme most times) and she had just finished reading one book and brought another to begin. She tells me about the book she has just read and then asks, "So do I start this book at the beginning?" Seriously now, where would we start a new book? I thought Cameron was going to literally LOL so I am giving him "the eye" in hopes to keep him quiet.
Later that night, Jason and I are pondering her deep thought moments (as we do so often). He tells me she had another one earlier that evening. We went to Jason's work yesterday and when they left he gave them all a sucker from the front office. On the way home (in the car!) she asks Jason, "Does everybody at your work sit around a table and have a sucker together?" I don't even have a real response for this one, other than I'm certain Daddy doesn't get paid eating suckers with his colleagues. It is quite a humerous visual though, grown men gabbing around a table with their favorite colored tootsie-pop.
Some others that I have been promising to write down:
Colton had gotten a haircut just before we picked the kids up from school. Courtnie gets in the car and notices her brother looks different. Colton happily yells, "I got my hair all cut!" Her reponse as her little eyes squint in her pondering state, "But he still looks the same."
She has just lost her top two teeth and the bottom two she had lost a few weeks earlier. As the permanent teeth begin to peek through, she is amazed and comments with bright eyes and a delightful voice, "Look! I lost those two teeth and those two teeth and two more come in right here side by side." Now with this thought, I honeslty felt bad. Here we are trying to yank out teeth that are barely hanging in and she thinks that when you lose them you just have holes in your mouth. Poor thing! No wonder she never wanted her to teeth to fall out.
We are walking down the cereal aisle of the grocery store one day and she spots Hannah Montana on a cereal box. Her face and voice squeal with excitement as she begins to beg for us to buy this cereal. Of course we know why she wants the cereal, Hannah Montana is right there on the box! So Jason trys to explain to her that just because HM is on the box doesn't mean there is a prize in the cereal or even that she will like the cereal. She begins to tell her Daddy that HM is IN that cereal. As she is trying to explain to him, she shows him how HM must scrunch down real tight in a ball (we are in the store aisle remember) and then she could actually fit into that box of cereal. Honest here, she truly thinks that HM was knealing into a ball and in that cereal box and that we were going to take her home. Now how lucky would we be! (BTW, we did not buy the cereal.)
And one last one to post today.... we were in Tyler for a dance competition and we had all gotten a room to stay over night. The girls (and us moms) had such a great time! We are all sitting in the living area of one of the rooms and there on the coffee table was a Tyler magazine, which featured the highlights of the city, places ot eat and visit. She leans over and softly whispers, "Do these people live in here?" I tried to play it off hoping she was asking me if those people in the magazine lived in Tyler but she was quick to correct me and ask me if they lived "right there in the magazine". I just held back my laughs and told her no and sent her on her way to pay with her friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment